Registration & Policies
- You can register for courses on our online registration site.
- When registering for a course, you’ll need to enter a Gmail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) for your student. A Gmail account is needed to use our online learning management systems. If your student doesn’t already have a Gmail account, you can create one here.
Cost & Payment
- The cost of courses vary. Check the specific course page for cost.
- Payment is due in full at the time of registration. The only form of payment we accept is credit card; we don't currently take third-party payments.
- We offer a 15% discount to current UW employees and students. You'll need to enter your UW NetID during registration.
- Financial assistance has been exhausted for Summer 2021.
Refund Policy & Withdrawals
- The deadlines for a 100% refund for each start date is listed below. There are no refunds after these dates.
- May 10, 2021 (for courses starting June 21, 2021)
- May 25, 2021 (for courses starting July 6, 2021)
- June 7, 2021 (for courses starting July 19, 2021)
- June 21, 2021 (for courses starting in August)
- All requests to drop a course must be submitted in writing to the Summer Youth Programs office. Send your request by email to email@example.com. You cannot drop a course by phone. Requests should include the student’s name, the registration email address and the course you wish to drop.
- If your student is unable to attend a course because of physical or mental debilitation or other circumstances beyond your control, and the refund deadline has passed, you may petition for a hardship withdrawal by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll need to complete a hardship withdrawal form and submit it to email@example.com. We'll review your request and notify you in a timely manner of our decision. Refunds are not guaranteed.
- If a course is full, you can add your student to the waitlist during registration.
- If your student is on the waitlist and a space becomes available, you'll get an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. (To ensure that you receive waitlist emails, we recommend that you add this address to your Safe Senders List.) You will have 72 hours to let us know if you would like the space.
If we do not hear back from you, we will offer the space to the next student.
Summer Youth Programs reserves the right to cancel a course. In the event of a cancellation, we will notify you as soon as possible before the program start date, and you'll receive a full refund.
- Please notify program staff if your student will be absent.
- There are no refunds for days or weeks that students cannot attend. Substitutions – having another individual attend in your student's place – are not allowed.
Safety & Discipline
- The safety of students is our highest priority. Program staff works hard to maintain an environment (including on online platforms) where students can participate in activities safely.
- If behavior problems occur, the parent or guardian will be notified and scheduled for a conference.
- There are no refunds for student suspension or withdrawal due to behavior problems.
Accommodations & Disabilities
- To help ensure that your student has a positive experience, please share information about any special needs that staff should know about at the time of registration. If it would be helpful, staff are available to meet with a parent or guardian to discuss special needs prior to the start of the program.
- The University of Washington is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities.
- Requests for disability accommodations should be made before enrolling a student. For information on requesting disability accommodations, contact the Disability Services Office at email@example.com or 206-543-6450.