Registration & Policies
- You can register for Summer Youth Programs on our online registration site.
- To review or make changes to your registration after you submit it, you'll need to use the code that was sent in your registration confirmation email.
Cost & Payment
- The cost of UW Summer Youth Programs courses vary. Check the specific course page for cost.
- Payment is due in full at the time of registration. The only form of payment we accept is credit card; we cannot take third-party payments.
- All financial assistance funds have been exhausted for 2020. We encourage you to email firstname.lastname@example.org in early to mid-January for information about financial assistance for 2021 Summer Youth Programs.
Refund Policy & Withdrawals
- Refund policies and deadlines vary depending on your course start date.
- For courses starting in June or July, the 100% refund deadline is May 20, 2020. The 50% refund deadline is 21 days before the start of the course.
- For courses starting in August, the 100% refund deadline is June 10, 2020. The 50% refund deadline is 21 days before the start of the course.
- No refunds will be issued after 21 days before the start of the course.
- All requests to drop a course must be submitted in writing to the Summer Youth Programs office. Send your request by email to email@example.com. You cannot drop a course by phone. Requests should include the student’s name, email address used to register, and course(s) you wish to drop.
- If your child is unable to attend a course because of physical or mental debilitation or other circumstances beyond your control, and the refund deadline has passed, you may petition for a hardship withdrawal. You will need to complete a hardship withdrawal form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll review your request and notify you in a timely manner of our decision. Refunds are not guaranteed.
- Many UW Summer Youth Programs fill up quickly. If a course is full, you can add your student to the waitlist during registration. When you add your student to the waitlist, you will be charged a nonrefundable $5 waitlist fee.
- If your student is on the waitlist and a space becomes available, you'll get an email from email@example.com. (To ensure that you receive waitlist emails, we recommend that you add this address to your Safe Senders List.) You will have 48 hours to let us know if you would like the space.
If we do not hear back from you, we will offer the space to the next student and you will be removed from the waitlist.
Summer Youth Programs reserves the right to cancel a course. In the event of a cancellation, we will notify you about four weeks before the program start date, and you'll receive a full refund.
- Please notify a coordinator if your student will be absent.
- There are no refunds for days or weeks that students cannot attend. Substitutions – having another individual attend in your student's place – are not allowed.
Safety & Discipline
- The safety of students is our highest priority. Program staff works hard to maintain an environment (including on online platforms) where students can participate in activities safely.
- If behavior problems occur, the parent or guardian will be notified and scheduled for a conference.
- There are no refunds for student suspension or withdrawal due to behavior problems.
Accommodations & Disabilities
- To help ensure that your student has a positive experience, please share information about any special needs that staff should know about at the time of registration. If it would be helpful, staff are available to meet with a parent or guardian to discuss special needs prior to the start of the program.
- The University of Washington is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities.
- Requests for disability accommodations should be made in advance of enrolling a student in the Summer Youth Programs. For information on requesting disability accommodations, contact the Disability Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-543-6450.